Friday, December 9, 2011

Crockpot Meatloaf

I'm not a fan of meatloaf and now I think I know why. It's usually dry and boring. This recipe has changed my mind. Nice and moist with it's own gravy. I used 1 pound lean ground beef and 1 pound spicy Italian sausage. Surprisingly it didn't fall apart. Red potatoes worked really well and I left out the onion and pepper.

  • 2 pounds lean ground round or chuck
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
  • 1 cup cracker crumbs or fine dry bread crumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 1 envelope brown gravy mix
  • 1 cup milk
  • 6 to 8 small potatoes, halved or quartered

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except potatoes. Shape into a loaf. Place in Crock Pot. Place potatoes at the sides of loaf. (If potatoes are peeled, wrap in foil to keep from darkening.) Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment