Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hot Millions

I know nothing about the food from India so when this Bistro opened in Jefferson City I was ready to give it a try. It helped that they offered a buffet for lunch. It also helped that I went with some friends who knew more about the food than me. I tried every dish they had and liked most of them. My favorite was a cabbage dish and even though I don't like peas they were good also.
It also had some cilantro in it which is one of my favorite herbs. There was a marinated chicken leg roasted in a clay oven that was very tender and spicy. The leavened bread was good for soaking the wonderful sauces that most dishes were cooked in. The garbanzo beans dish had a nice ginger flavor. There were two kinds of rice pudding that were chilled and flavorful. Hope to go back again some time and try some more dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment